I’ll admit to tearing up, the way you do for the end of a really good novel, as I read through the scores of reader responses we received to our callout for Jane Austen introduction stories. I’m not sure what came over me. Maybe it was the charm of all those far-flung fans connected through one author’s work—or maybe just the swoony effects of watching people fall in love with a book, almost a hundred times over.
- Merkel sends positive signal to May on Brexit talks October 19, 2017
- UK attempts to speed up Brexit talks, but Europe wants to see the check first October 19, 2017
- Europe closed lower on Catalonia uncertainty and mixed earnings October 19, 2017
- Ukraine adopts crucial healthcare reform amid political protests October 19, 2017
- Harvey Weinstein accused of beating up French chauffeur in Cannes who ‘drove around tearful aspiring actresses for him’ October 19, 2017
- Spain to suspend Catalonia’s autonomy after regional leader fails to drop independence bid October 19, 2017
- Spanish government to suspend Catalonia’s political autonomy October 19, 2017