I’ll admit to tearing up, the way you do for the end of a really good novel, as I read through the scores of reader responses we received to our callout for Jane Austen introduction stories. I’m not sure what came over me. Maybe it was the charm of all those far-flung fans connected through one author’s work—or maybe just the swoony effects of watching people fall in love with a book, almost a hundred times over.
- Sri Lankan navy saves two elephants washed out to sea July 24, 2017
- Black Mercedes-Benz ‘taken from home of Karen Ristevski’ July 23, 2017
- Penrith Panthers clear Dallin Watene-Zelezniak of junior league incident July 23, 2017
- Macron stumbles in attempt to reset relations with Africa July 23, 2017
- United Nations claims government had agreed to resettle some refugees in Australia under US deal July 23, 2017
- RACQ survey shows Brisbane residents want 10 more bridges July 23, 2017
- New look Australians playing catch-up but swimming world refuses to stand still July 23, 2017