In the town of Santa Teresa, located south-east of Alice Springs, young unemployed Indigenous Australians are among the thousands of remote work-for-the-dole participants across Australia enduring half-a-day telephone wait times as they attempt to contact Centrelink to try and avoid crippling financial penalties.
- Egypt mosque attack: At least 200 killed as militants shoot at fleeing worshippers after detonating bomb November 24, 2017
- Brazillian prison hosts beauty pageant November 24, 2017
- Katie Rough killing: Girl, 16, given life sentence for manslaughter of seven-year-old in York park November 24, 2017
- Man arrested after 96-year-old D-Day veteran seriously injured in claw hammer attack at his home November 24, 2017
- Mark Dixie given two more life terms: Sally Anne Bowman killer sentenced for sex attacks he confessed to in custody November 24, 2017
- US ‘election meddling’: Flynn thought to be cooperating against Trump November 24, 2017
- Germany’s SPD ready for talks with Merkel to break deadlock November 24, 2017