Most American presidents of the 20th century understood that preventive war is immoral and dangerous. But, in the past two decades, striking first has become an accepted foreign policy strategy of both Democrats and Republicans. In this short video, Atlantic writer Peter Beinart argues that Americans need to relearn the wisdom of the past: that preventive war threatens world peace.
- Donald Trump to address the nation and outline new Afghanistan strategy August 21, 2017
- One dead after car crashes into bus stop in Marseille — local media August 21, 2017
- One dead, one injured after car rams two bus shelters in Marseille in ‘deliberate’ act August 21, 2017
- New mother ‘chopped in half’ by hospital lift in freak accident August 21, 2017
- First pictures emerge of Barcelona attack suspect Younes Abouyaaqoub escaping on foot as manhunt widens August 21, 2017
- Search underway for ten US sailors missing after collision at sea August 21, 2017
- Hunt for Barcelona attack van driver extended outside Spain August 21, 2017