Most American presidents of the 20th century understood that preventive war is immoral and dangerous. But, in the past two decades, striking first has become an accepted foreign policy strategy of both Democrats and Republicans. In this short video, Atlantic writer Peter Beinart argues that Americans need to relearn the wisdom of the past: that preventive war threatens world peace.
- UK weather: 70 people rescued from floods after heavy rain and snow hit Britain November 23, 2017
- Military-themed Christmas decorations go on sale in Moscow November 23, 2017
- Mathias Cormann says tax cut for big business becoming more urgent November 23, 2017
- Costings and meerkats: Queensland parties in sync in final stretch November 23, 2017
- Murdered Baltimore cop shot with own gun, was to testify in police corruption case November 23, 2017
- Global firms accused of importing timber linked to Amazon massacre November 23, 2017
- Coalition senator’s draft of banking inquiry bill excludes role of donations November 23, 2017