President Donald Trump spoke on the phone Saturday with the president of the Philippines, Rodrigo Duterte, and after discussing North Korea and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations, Trump extended an invitation to visit the White House to Duterte, who has overseen a crackdown on drugs in his country that’s led to thousands of extrajudicial killings.
- Prince of Wales and the Duke of Cambridge attended the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo August 17, 2017
- UK weather forecast: Dry day with sunny spells but rain is on the way tonight August 17, 2017
- Pictures of the Day: 17 August 2017 August 17, 2017
- Fears plebiscite papers won’t reach those in Aboriginal town camps August 16, 2017
- Radio host sues neo-Nazi website for portraying him as mastermind of Manchester bombing August 16, 2017
- Bali Nine’s Renae Lawrence among Australians given sentence reductions August 16, 2017
- Woman set herself on fire multiple times before death, inquest hears August 16, 2017