President Trump tweets most mornings, but Wednesday was different. In addition to doling out the usual kind of fare about CNN, the stock market, and North Korea, the president, or whoever was tweeting on his behalf, also decided to retweet three videos from an account belonging to a leader of a far-right ultranationalist British political group “Britain First.” The unverified videos purport to show Muslims committing acts of violence, from beating up a boy on crutches to destroying a statue of the Virgin Mary. One depicts a mob pushing someone off a roof.
- Israeli PM Netanyahu urges EU to follow US recognition of Jerusalem as capital December 11, 2017
- The Note: Alabama Senate race, a journey into the politically bizarre December 11, 2017
- Judi Dench celebrates her birthday with the most British cake imaginable December 11, 2017
- Georgia ‘Toff’ Toffolo crowned winner of I’m A Celebrity … Get Me Out Of Here! December 11, 2017
- David Davis retracts suggestion UK could back out of Brexit deal on Irish border – Politics live December 11, 2017
- Bitcoin price surges to almost $17,000 as trading begins on ‘futures’ exchange December 11, 2017
- ‘I’m truly sorry’: Queens of the Stone Age frontman’s video apology for face kick December 11, 2017