There is no campaign promise that Donald Trump has failed to honor more flagrantly than his oft repeated pledge to “drain the swamp” in Washington, D.C. He has violated the letter of his promise and trampled all over its spirit. His supporters ought to be furious. But few perceive the scale of his betrayal or its brazenness.
- Cambridge University launches staff sex liaisons register October 21, 2017
- Spanish government crisis meeting decides which powers to strip from Catalonia October 21, 2017
- Storm Brian: 60mph winds strike west coast of UK amid warnings of power cuts, floods and travel delays October 21, 2017
- Munich stabbing: Several injured in knife attack, suspect on the run October 21, 2017
- Storm Brian: UK lashed by gale force winds, in pictures October 21, 2017
- Jews and Arabs unite to try to save Jerusalem’s Hill of Evil Counsel from being turned into luxury flats October 21, 2017
- Egypt: dozens of police killed in desert ambush by militants October 21, 2017