I’m still not quite sure what made me thank Alexa. I was on vacation in an unfamiliar city and I had just used Amazon’s so-called “smart speaker” to check the weather. But after finding out tomorrow called for rain, sitting alone in an empty, quiet apartment, I made a point to express my gratitude to the inanimate black cylinder lying on the kitchen counter. “No problem,” it intoned jovially in reply.
- SA detective accused of leaks found not guilty of seven corruption charges October 22, 2017
- Justin Timberlake to headline Super Bowl halftime show October 22, 2017
- Director James Toback reportedly accused by 38 women of sexual harassment October 22, 2017
- Two wealthy Italian regions vote for autonomy in Catalonia’s footsteps October 22, 2017
- Dramatic sentencing hearing expected in Bergdahl case October 22, 2017
- Unknown runner wins Venice Marathon after leaders take wrong turn October 22, 2017
- Questions over lost 1,000-page security manual – politics live October 22, 2017