South Korea said the United States had reaffirmed it would shoulder the cost of deploying the THAAD anti-missile system, days after President Donald Trump said Seoul should pay for the $1 billion battery designed to defend against North Korea.
- First female Black Rod in 650-year history: Sarah Clarke is appointed to House of Lords job November 17, 2017
- Lebanese PM to meet Macron in attempt to defuse tension over Saudi ‘hostage’ claims November 17, 2017
- Ireland prepares to hold out for UK Brexit concessions November 17, 2017
- Papua New Guinea explorer Benedict Allen evacuated by helicopter and treated for suspected malaria November 17, 2017
- Methodist Church appoints first transgender minister November 17, 2017
- Theresa May warned by policy chief Tories risk being defined as party of ‘nostalgia’ and ‘lazy privilege’ November 17, 2017
- Rare newt bred outside Catalonia for the first time at UK zoo November 17, 2017