North Korea launched a ballistic missile early Saturday morning (local time) that reportedly exploded seconds after it took off. But whether or not the missile test was successful, it will undoubtedly contribute to ongoing tensions over North Korea’s nuclear and missile programs, especially since the U.S. Navy directed a carrier strike group to the region earlier this month as a show of force.
- First female Black Rod in 650-year history: Sarah Clarke is appointed to House of Lords job November 17, 2017
- Lebanese PM to meet Macron in attempt to defuse tension over Saudi ‘hostage’ claims November 17, 2017
- Ireland prepares to hold out for UK Brexit concessions November 17, 2017
- Papua New Guinea explorer Benedict Allen evacuated by helicopter and treated for suspected malaria November 17, 2017
- Methodist Church appoints first transgender minister November 17, 2017
- Theresa May warned by policy chief Tories risk being defined as party of ‘nostalgia’ and ‘lazy privilege’ November 17, 2017
- Rare newt bred outside Catalonia for the first time at UK zoo November 17, 2017