A Kalgoorlie man fatally ran over Elijah Doughty after making a split-second decision to chase him because the teenager was riding a motorbike that had been stolen from his home the day before, the WA Supreme Court is told.
- Cambridge University launches staff sex liaisons register October 21, 2017
- Spanish government crisis meeting decides which powers to strip from Catalonia October 21, 2017
- Storm Brian: 60mph winds strike west coast of UK amid warnings of power cuts, floods and travel delays October 21, 2017
- Munich stabbing: Several injured in knife attack, suspect on the run October 21, 2017
- Storm Brian: UK lashed by gale force winds, in pictures October 21, 2017
- Jews and Arabs unite to try to save Jerusalem’s Hill of Evil Counsel from being turned into luxury flats October 21, 2017
- Egypt: dozens of police killed in desert ambush by militants October 21, 2017