Thailand’s government wants all monks to undergo background checks for criminal offences, and then be issued with digitalised smart cards that record their histories.
- Police officers stuck in a lift pose for selfie as they await rescue by firefighters October 18, 2017
- Trump welcomes Greece’s Tsipras to White House October 18, 2017
- French MEPs shower while clothed to demonstrate plight of Calais migrants October 18, 2017
- Great British Bake Off fans heartbroken at the latest departure from the tent October 18, 2017
- Tory MP reveals secret to success – an hour long bath every morning October 18, 2017
- ‘I need to be arrested’, says murderer in chilling 999 call after killing neighbour October 18, 2017
- Britain’s £20bn Brexit divorce bill offer is ‘peanuts’, says European Parliament president October 18, 2017